Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thrifty Twosday

Today I'm mentioning two drugstore products again that I use and have repurchased.  Keep this in mind for future that we will never mention any items that we haven't used and don't love.



First off is the Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo.  This comes in 2 types.  One for oily/straight hair, and one for dry/curly hair.  I use to the one for straight hair and for the price you really can't beat the results.  When you use this product you must make sure that you follow the directions and shake it every time you spray otherwise you will end up with white flakey hair.  And it can be brushed out but it's much more of a hassle.  Also you don't want to spray too much because you really don't need a lot.  This product is perfect for those of you who want to refresh your hair after working out without washing it or for those of us with color treated hair (like me).  Washing your hair too much will definitely fade the color quickly so dry shampoos can take you through more days in between washing.  The one for curly hair is more of a foam so the directions are a bit different but if you do get that one make sure you follow those directions too.  After you use this product it will make your hair more matte looking (that is the point) but if you use a shine serum or a shine hairspray just add a bit of that after and you're good to go.  There is a spray you can get from Tresemme to use after this dry shampoo but I just use what I already have.  

Next is the L'oreal Lineur Intense felt tip eyeliner.  This product WILL dry out after a while, so you will have to get another one once it starts to get a little flakey when applying but it is a really good liquid eyeliner.  The felt tip gives you a good amount of movement without being too much.  It also gives you the ability to make a very fine line or a very thick line depending on how much pressure you use.  It's very comparable to other high end brands that have felt tip liquid liner pens and I believe I paid 2 dollars and something at Target for mine so it's MUCH cheaper than say one from Lancome.  I've repurchased this product about 3 times now since I discovered it, and I plan to keep doing so!  






*The Sexy Savers are not paid by or affiliated with any of these companies to endorse their products.  






2 comments:

Me said...

Tresemme... really? I tried them once years ago and hated them. Maybe it's a whole new formula. i'll give it a try. THANKS!

ACDC2005 said...

Never been a big fan myself but the dry shampoo works pretty decently for me since I don't like to wash it so much. I am basing my opinion also on the fact that I have short hair. If it were longer I'm not sure what I would think, I just know it works for me now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...