Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The White Queen Inspired Look



I know I promised you all a Mad Hatter inspired look, but after watching the film I decided to take that look in a different way, and admittedly still a little conflicted. However, I had done a White Queen inspired look already and I still really like it and wanted to share it with you all.



To get this look all you need for your eyes is a good base, white eyeliner, and a shimmery white eyeliner if you have it. If not try a shimmery white eyeshadow and apply it wet. The only other items I used aside from my regular foundation and powder is a wine colored blush. I also used a white highlight for my cheek contouring as well. This is optional. To create this eyeliner look is very easy. It's pretty much the "Amy Winehouse" look. Take your white pencil eyeliner and make a thick cat eye. If you mess up that's okay because you can always go BIGGER! Line your water line and go along lightly over your eyelid along your lashline with the shimmer white eyeliner or shimmery white eyeshadow. Take it from the corner of your bottom lash line from one end to the other lightly. Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara. Apply your blush and make sure to highlight the top of your cheek bones with the white if you have it because it really adds more white to the look which is what you are going for. I took my foundation and applied to my lips and made sure to set with a powder. I then applied a very light pinky silver colored lip gloss and that's the look!

Actual products used:
Face: Nars Concealer Custard/Ginger
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC25
MAC Blotting Powder in Medium

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Sephora Crayon Eye Pencil in White
Victoria's Secret Sparkling Eyeliner in Sparkling White
Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara in Jetblack

Cheeks:
MAC Beauty Powder Blush in On A Mission
Smashbox Soft Lights in Illuminate (just the white)

Lips:
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC25
MAC Blotting Powder in Medium
Sonia Kashuk Ultra Shine Sheer Lip Gloss in Sugar

*Also don't forget to do your brows and highlight your brow bone!

I hope you all enjoyed this little how to! Let us know what you think about the look, and if you try it yourself, send us your pictures! We would love to see them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...